Help students become clear in their identity as a child of God, by helping them to see that they are much More Than a Name
One of the main questions youth explore is, “Who am I?” Many times, it is who they define themselves as that all their decision-making and life trajectories come from. This is a reason why God has been key on people knowing what their identity is in him. If he can help his creation identify with him and his Lordship, all their decisions and lifestyles stem from that.
The purpose is helping students to become clear in their identity as a child of God, by helping them to see that they are much More Than a Name. While we are known by our names, who we really are goes far beyond that or what you can see on the outside or the things that we like or do. Identity, true identity, is found much deeper at the core of the individual. Understanding who we are and who we were meant to be is essential for us to be able to live the life that God intends for us.
- Introduction and resource guide
- Who Are You?: identifying the foundations for one’s identity
- Identified With …: exploring what and who our identity is associated with
- Christ in You!: looking at our identity specifically in Jesus
- 3Ds of iDentity Theft: understanding what can rob our identity
- What is Worship?: connecting our identity with worship
- Now What?: exploring what next steps are after identity formation