January to March is always an intense time at CBOQ Youth. We’re part of 7 different events in a 10 week span. Some “random” observations I’ve made during that time.
- “I am getting older.” Whether I like it or not, I am getting older, which means what used to work for me before may not work the same way now. I need to monitor and adjust myself physically, mentally and spiritually.
- “This to shall pass”. There are moments when I’m not sure if I can push through. But I remember God’s promise that he is with me, and that the moment (though as hard as it may be) will pass.
- “God continues to move because/in spite of me”. I am grateful that God invites me to participate with him and my involvement does make a difference. I am also grateful that he continues to do his work in spite of my mistakes.
- “Work is good. So is rest”. As an achiever, I do get a bit of a high when I can accomplish a lot. But a constant push to achieve isn’t good. Taking time to appropriately rest is just as vital in my relationship with Jesus.
- “I am not alone.” This year in particular, I did feel the weight of my responsibilities at times. But I am grateful for God’s community around me, starting with my family, extending to the CBOQ team I work alongside, with the 100+ volunteers who were involved in those 7 events and countless people who’ve been praying with us.
- “What I’m doing is not the end.” Many of the faith moments that occurred during these 7 events came because of God’s movement in them. However, he continues to share those students and leaders beyond these events, and he won’t stop until his work is complete. I recognize that what I’m doing is a piece of that, but this isn’t the main focus; his transformative work is.
For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen. (Romans 11:36 NIV)
Leave A Comment